Grace Ellamae Gardner is ours to keep. Yep, we cut off all the ID bracelets and hospital monitors and busted her out of the hospital. It felt so amazing to get wheeled down to the hospital entrance we so proudly walked in early Monday morning. This time, Grace was on my belly instead of in it. It seems like we were there forever, yet also it was a like a blink of the eye.
Hormones and emotions have run high (more than EVER in my life) and I've been very verbal when it comes to expressing my feelings. If you've seen me in person this week, chances are I told you just how much I love you and everything around me is better than ever. Each day since she's been in my life has been "the happiest day of my life". I have never felt so beaming with joy, and it comes out in tears and sobs. I remember my mom telling me how she felt when I was born. She had described it as being more alive than ever. Colors seemed brighter, food tasted better and the sky was more beautiful than ever before. My senses are so alive and it's true. I feel the same exact way. I have so much happiness and love... it's seeping out of my pores.
I have sooo much more to update, all about my experience and many more pictures. It is however, time for me to get my new little daughter and myself to bed. I can't wait for tomorrow... I have the feeling it might be the best day of my life still.
3 comments:
I love that both mommy and Grace are crying! That will happen often, and it is so precious. Welcome home, call me when you have free time.
Okay......I am really serious when I say that I have watched the video of your drive home about 10 times since yesterday! Every time I watch it I laugh soooo hard I get tears in my eyes. Have you considered entering the video in one of those funny video contests? Jenn
ok so I definately balled my eyes out 2 seconds ito those beautiful shots! I love you guys!It breaks my heart to think of not seeing you guys grow as a family. can't wait to babysitt!
Candy pant & Ron
Post a Comment